6.12.0 (October 2019)¶
Kurento Media Server 6.12 has been released!
To install it: Installation Guide.
- Added support for the null ICE candidate that Firefox sends to signal the end of Trickle ICE.
- Resolve mDNS candidate names that Chrome uses in place of local candidate IP Addresses for privacy reasons (PSA: mDNS and .local ICE candidates are coming).
- New package kurento-dbg (to be installed with
apt-get), that installs all optional debugging symbols needed for Kurento crash reports.
- Add support for compilation with Clang and UndefinedSanitizer in the Kurento helper build script: Kurento/kms-omni-build/bin/kms-build-run.sh. It now allows to choose between GCC and Clang compilers, together with support for AddressSanitizer, ThreadSanitizer, and UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer.
- libsrtp fork updated to version 1.6.0; custom patch reviewed to fix “unprotect failed code 9” warning messages (Kurento/bugtracker#246).
- User kurento gets now created with an User ID belonging to the system category (which gets an UID >=
100), instead of the user category (which gets an UID >=
1000). This fixes the issue of the user kurento showing up in the Ubuntu login screen.
- The home directory for the user kurento has been moved from
/var/lib/kurento, which complies with the Linux Foundation’s Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) (Kurento/bugtracker#364).
- Enable C++14 language spec. when building C++ code.
- The old home directory for the user kurento, which was located at
/var/kurento, is now re-created as a symbolic link to the new location in
/var/lib/kurento. Applications should migrate to the new location. The next major release of Kurento will stop providing the fallback link in the old path.
- Fix the MediaFlowInStateChange crash. Kurento/bugtracker#393 (MediaFlowInStateChange Seg Fault).
- Fix leaks and posible crash in PlayerEndpoint. Kurento/bugtracker#198 (PlayerEndpoint leaks 2 sockets).
- Fix GStreamer memory leak in DTLS handling.
- Fix memory leak in classes auto-generated by Kurento Module Creator.
- Fix potential uncaught exceptions in kms-core when parsing SDP messages.